Our Practice Areas
Health & Safety Receiverships
Griswold Law takes control of properties that have been abandoned or have become a health & safety threat to the community.
Partition Referee Matters
When a dispute arises between co-owners of real property, Griswold Law serves as the court-appointed partition referee.
Business Dispute Receiverships
Griswold Law may be appointed by the court to take control of a business that is at the center of a dispute between business partners.
Struggling cannabis companies must abide by different laws than most businesses in California, and Griswold Law often steps in as a court-appointed receiver in the event of business failures.
As a post-judgment receiver, Griswold Law ensures that a court’s orders are fulfilled, even when the judgment debtor is uncooperative.
Rents & Profits Receiverships
With disputed real property in litigation, Griswold Law is routinely appointed by courts to preserve the property and maintain its rents and profits until resolution.
Griswold Law solves problems across California when drastic measures are required.
- Appointed over 150 times in California courts across 16 different counties
- Consistently appointed in a variety of legal scenarios, including health & safety receivership, partition referee, tenant habitability receiver, post-judgment receiver, and rents/profits receiver
- Appointed as a receiver in business disputes to take operational control of businesses during litigation
- Substantial experience taking control of troubled real estate assets, including houses, apartments, motels, and failed developments
- Focus on hoarding, nuisance/drug activity, slum motels/apartments, illegal conversions, and abandoned properties
The Desert Review EL CENTRO — The Mayan Hotel at press time is currently being knocked down by a demolishing crew Monday morning, July 19. The historic hotel on 595 W. State Street in El Centro was gutted by fire in February 2021. Demolition started at 9:30 a.m. “The...
SAN DIEGO — A court-appointed receiver began the clean-up and rehabilitation of a Bay Terraces home that officials say is both a fire hazard and an example of excessive hoarding, the San Diego City Attorney's Office announced. The home on Mesa Hills Court "is piled...
Richardson “Red” Griswold acts as a court-appointed Receiver and court-appointed Partition Referee in California. Mr. Griswold has been appointed by over 150 California courts in 16 different California counties. He is a licensed California attorney, as well as a licensed California real estate broker. Mr. Griswold was the 2019 Chair/President of the California Receivers Forum.